Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Renewed Perspective...

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Jarrod and I finally made it back to Sunday School this morning for the first time since Jack was born. And, I had this realization on my heart that I feel the need to share. Our lesson was on Chapter 5 of 1 Thessalonians, and verses 16-18 stood out to me. I focused on verses 16-18 while I prayed for Heather and David to be blessed with a baby, but today, these verses had new meaning to me. I have been complaining a lot lately about feeling overwhelmed and stressed out with juggling two little ones and work. And, you know, I'm am SO blessed to have these precious little babies, an amazing husband, a job that I love (most of the time), and a family that is here to help at a moments notice. I should be rejoicing for the endless blessings in my life. I should continually pray for even the smallest needs, and give thanks in ALL circumstances. When I think about how much negativity I've had lately, I am ashamed. God has blessed me with SO much more than I deserve, so I am going to be joyful and be thankful for even life's crazy moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment